These brownies are as outrageously tempting as the picture suggests. Take no time to make them and everybody love them !
- 225g | 8 oz all-purpose flour
- 115g | 4 oz unsalted butter
- 200g | 7 oz plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 120g | 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 140g | 5 oz white chocolate, cut into large chunks
- 85g | 3 oz milk chocolate, cut into large chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 170C | 325F | Gas3. Line a 23 x 20 x 3.5cm |12 x 8 x 1 ½ in tin with lightly buttered greaseproof paper or foil.
2. Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large bowl, place over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt.
3. Sieve the flour into a bowl and add in the milk and white chocolate pieces. Set aside.
4. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool slightly.
5. Add the eggs and mix well.
6. Fold in the flour with the chocolate pieces. It will become one big lump, but that is normal ! Put in the prepared tin, you might need to press it lightly down with your hands until it’s evenly distributed.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top should be firm but the inside should feel soft when cooked. Allow to cool in the tin. Remove the brownies from the tin and cut into squares.
Recipe source ”Leiths baking bible”