This is a meal that takes longer to eat than it does to cook! I saw it on a Tv cookery show Nigelissima. I could almost smell and taste it just by watching her cooking it. Just had to make it the next day and so I did… totally fell in love with it. It’s so quick, so easy and so cheap ! It’s also the perfect thing to cook after a long day, when you are really not in a mood for cooking. My boyfriend liked it very much too and I am sure kids will love it too. Delicious !
- 200 g | 7 oz Pancetta, cut into small cubes
- 200 g | 7 oz frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cup Orzo (rice-shaped pasta), uncooked
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- black pepper
- a knob of butter
- a good handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large high sided nonstick pan and saute the garlic for a couple of minutes, so it gives flavour to the oil. Discard the garlic.
2. Add the pancetta and cook for a few minutes. Then add the peas and stir everything well.
3. Add the uncooked pasta and 3 cups of hot water. Bring to boil, stir and turn down the heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring time to time. When the pasta has softened and absorbed the water, remove from the heat. Season with black pepper, add the butter and grated Parmesan cheese and stir well. Enjoy !