Lovely moist cake with the added bonus of being very easy to make. Beautiful texture and taste. Once the cake has cooled, keep it properly covered and that way it will stay moist for longer..I like to keep mine in the fridge.
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs1
- 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy (double) cream)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C | 350°F. Grease a fluted ring tin.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, cream and milk on low speed for 1-2 minute until well combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into pan. Smooth the top and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and let the cake stand in the tin for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Recipe slightly adapted from: taste.com.au